Pudsey Grammar School
Mount Pleasant Road
Pudsey, Leeds, LS28 7ND
Students are able to apply for financial assistance if they fall into any of the below categories:
Student Bursary Applications - Priority 1
If a student supports themselves financially, are in care or are a care leaver, then they can apply for significant financial support as a 'priority 1' application for vulnerable students;
Vulnerable Student Support means students who are defined as:
- 16-19 year olds in care/care leavers
- 16-19 in receipt of Income Support or Universal Credit in their own name
- 16-19 disabled in receipt of Employment Support Allowance, Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payments in their own name
Student Bursary Applications - Priority 2 and 3
If students fall into one of the following categories, they may be eligible for financial support;
Priority 2: Students who received free school meals during their year 11 at school or whose total annual household income (including tax credits and benefits) is below the free school meals threshold of £16,190.
Priority 3: Students who are not already classified as Priority 1 or 2 whose household income is between £16,190 and £25,000.
Pudsey Grammar School has a limited allowance for this bursary so the amount available to each student varies each year. Applications can be made at any time of the year, as personal circumstances change.
Payments of the bursary are conditional on students meeting the following conditions in relation to their standards of attendance and behaviour:
- Attendance above 90% (subject to exceptional circumstances)
- Adherence to the sixth form code of conduct
All students are required to sign a declaration confirming that they agree to these conditions.
Suggested items to claim for using the bursary fund:
- Bus fares – We will provide you with a monthly or weekly bus pass. You must have a 16-19 Metrocard
- Students will have their cashless catering accounts credited to purchase food/beverages
- Text books – We will order any textbooks required through school, please inform school of any you need
- Stationery equipment for school, e.g. pens, notebooks, calculator, art materials
- IT equipment - this must be returned to Pudsey Grammar School at the end of the course
- Clothing/shoes/school bag – these must be pre-approved before being purchased to avoid claims being declined
- Exam re-sit fees
- Travel to/from university open days
Completed application forms should be emailed to email@example.com along with the requested evidence attached.
See Mrs Evans or Ms Nota in the Post 16 office if you have any questions.