Pudsey Grammar School
Mount Pleasant Road
Pudsey, Leeds, LS28 7ND
Students with a household income of less than £20,000 are eligible to apply for financial assistance to help cover their expenses whilst in Sixth Form. For example; stationery and equipment, the cost of some school trips and exam re-sits. In addition to this you may be eligible for a weekly payment if you meet one of the following criteria; you are in care, you live independently or you are registered as disabled. If you think you may be eligible please speak to Miss Fisher in the Post 16 office.
This is not a weekly payment; it is a re-imbursement , so you will need to provide receipts.
Pudsey Grammar School has a limited allowance for this bursary so the amount available to each student
varies each year. Applications can be made at any time of the year, as personal circumstances change.
The following rules apply to the 16-19 Bursary for the 2021-2022 academic year:
- All evidence provided must be up to date and current i.e. documents should be dated within the
last three months. Students who were eligible during 2020-21 will need to re-apply for the current
- For claims towards a large item such as a laptop, we will need to monitor attendance for the first
half-term. The full allocation will only be released if attendance is above 95% for this period.
- Attendance between 90% and 95% will see a 25% reduction in bursary available to the students.
- If attendance falls below 90%, there will be no further monies available until it goes above 90%
- Attendance is calculated using a students’ lesson attendance from the beginning of the year to the
- Claims for large items cannot be made after 1 April 2022 for the current academic year, unless you
are studying A Levels in Year 12, e.g. IT equipment.
- IT equipment must be returned to school when you finish your studies at Pudsey Grammar
Suggested items to claim for using the bursary fund:
- Bus fares – We will provide you with a monthly or weekly bus pass. You must have a 16-19 Metro
- Text books – We will order any textbooks required through school, please inform school of any you
- Stationery equipment for school, e.g. pens, note books, calculator, art materials.
- IT equipment (see conditions above)
- Clothing/shoes/school bag – these must be pre-approved before being purchased to avoid claims
- Exam re-sit fees
- Travel to/from university open day
See Miss Fisher in the Post 16 office if you have any questions.